Have the best grilled kebabs this Weekend! Try out this proven and
Kebabs have become a must at any barbecue, they're so quick and easy to make.
Kebabs and grills go together like bacon and egg. It's not a barbecue without a few kebabs!
They are so much fun to make, you can experiment with different foods and vegetables.
The possibilities are endless, be creative and try new ingredients and flavours.
You can be lazy and buy already made kebabs at your local store but rather give it a try and make it yourself!
Don't worry it's easy, i'll show you...
• Your meats need to be cut into cubes, about an inch thick. Anything thinner will break while you are grilling. (don't want that!)
• Cut your vegetables into thick slices! (simlar in size to the meat cubes!)
• Use wooden skewers as metal skewers get hot while you grilling. (need gloves to handle them)
• Great kebabs would include ingredients like - onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and meat. (so go wild!)
• Once you have made your kebabs, marinate them with your favourite sauces and spices.
It is a good idea to coat your meat with a sauce to prevent it from charring while you grilling. Place the kebabs in the fridge for an hour or two to let the flavours sink through!
Perfect...let's get to grilling!
• Lightly oil the surface of the grill grid. (prevent it from sticking!)
• Grill for 8 - 12 minutes until the meat is cooked.
• Turn them regularly to prevent them from burning.
• Shrimp kebabs will be ready in 5 minutes.
Serve kebabs hot straight off the grill, they can be served as a tasty appetizer or with the main course meal. (mmmmm!!)Enjoy!