Have you tried grilling pizza on the barbecue? It gives it so much flavour. Absolutely delicious if you love pizza!
Everyone knows that the best tasting pizza is done in a fire
oven. You simply can't beat it, that is why all great
pizzaria's have one!
Most of us can't have fire ovens in our houses but we do have a barbecue!
This same fire oven concept can be used on your BBQ, you can have tasty pizzaria pizza at home...
Once you have tried how tasty barbecue pizza is, pizza take-out will be a thing of the past.
Great...let's get to making our pizza dough!
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 25 ounce of dry yeast
In a small bowl dissolve the yeast with the cup of warm water. Let it stand for a few minutes until it's creamy! (10 minutes)
In a large bowl combine the other ingredients and mix together. Add the yeast mixture, beat until thick dough forms.
Turn dough out onto well floured surface. Form dough into round pizza like shape. Make sure it is smaller than your grill grid!
Roll out the pizza dough very evenly and make it about quarter inch thick. (anything thinner will break up!)
Yes...you have made your own pizza dough, let's prepare it for
• Toppings like chicken pieces or pieces of meat should be pre-cooked before you place them on the pizza. (pre-cook them on the stove, then place it on the pizza
• Sprinkle over your favourite spices like oregano, thyme and rosemary. (yummy!)
Perfect...our pizza is ready, let's get it on the
• Let the grill reach a medium heat. (charcoal 70% grey!)
• Place the grill grid on and on the grid place two clean bricks. (a few centimeters apart)
• Place the pizza on the bricks and close the lid. (create an oven!)
• Grill for 10 - 15 minutes, until dough is brown and crispy on the edges.
• Serve straight away!
Tip: If you don't use the bricks to elevate the pizza above the grill grid you will have grill markings under your pizza!No pizza take out tonight! Spoil your family by grilling pizza yourself!! Enjoy