Are you thinking of barbecuing clams at your next barbecue? Lets look
at grilling clams on the BBQ!
They are really easy to prepare and simple to flavour! They make for a great barbecue appetizer...
Let's prepare our clams for the grill!
• Just for presentation wash the clams under a cold running tap. Brush away any left over dirt on the outer shells.
• Prepare a tasty sauce before you start grilling. A garlic and butter sauce works really well with clams or a cream cheese and chives sauce will do the trick. Check out the garlic cream sauce in BBQ fish sauces for a great clam sauce.
• Leave your sauce on the stove (low setting) to keep it warm.
Great...we ready to put our clams on the grill!!
• Place your clams on the grill, so that none are over lapping each other.
• Grilling time is 3 - 5 minutes, just depending on the grills heat.
• The clams will begin to open as they are cooking. (don't get a fright!)
• Once the clams are open really wide, they are done! (don't over cook!)
• Serve hot, straight off the grill.
Tips: To remove the 'clam meat' use a fork, for easy eating.Serve with your warm sauce and slices of Greek bread. (yummy! What an appetizer!)