Are you going to be grilling salmon fillets at your next barbecue?
Looking for a few grilling tips and techniques?
BBQ salmon fillets are definitely a favourite amoung grillers. It works really well on the grill and taste so great!!
It is really easy to season and flavour! Plus...it grills really quickly, only a few minutes and it is done...
The only worry with salmon is it tends to stick very easily to the grill grid so grease it well.
I'll show you how to perfectly grill salmon everytime!
Great...lets get to it and prepare our salmon
for the grill!
• Try grilling any type of seafood the same day you buy it. Freezing seafood for a long time tends to loose natural flavour.
• If you have frozen your salmon, rather leave it in the fridge overnight to thaw out.
• Avoid defrosting salmon in the microwave.
• Wash your fillets under a cold running tap and pat dry with a paper towel.
• To flavour your meat you can soak it in a tasty marinade. Just don't leave it in for longer than an hour. (the acidic products can eat away the flesh!)
• Check out salmon marinade for great recipes!
• Season with your favorite herbs and spices like garlic, oregano, black pepper, brown sugar and honey.
• I found coating my salmon with mayonnaise works great! It also prevents it from sticking.
Tasty...our salmon is prepared let's get it on the
• Grease the grill grid well with cook and spray or olive oil. (prevent it from sticking!)
• Place your fillets in the center of the grill for a minute on each side. (sear the outside!)
• Then either move to a 'cooler spot' on your charcoal grill or turn the heat down on your gas grill. (medium heat!)
• Grill the salmon for a further 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Grilling time will depend on the size of the fillet and heat of the grill.
• Serve straight away once done. Pour over a bit of lemon juice for flavor.
Tip: By searing the outside with a high heat in the beginning, you not only lock in the juices but make the fillets rigid!
Great...you now know how to grill salmon to perfection! What are you waiting get the barbecue out and grill up some salmon!