Are you going to be grilling eggplant on the grill this Sunday? Try out these tips to get great tasting barbecue eggplant!
Eggplant is high in fibre and low in calories, making it tasty and a healthy BBQ meal.
Eggplant is perfect for the grill, it has a great
Eggplant comes in many different varieties, when choosing one for the grill make sure it is large in size and is glossy.
The fresher the eggplant the better, eggplant tends to go very bitter after a while.
Eggplant absorb flavours well and by doing it on the grill you give it a tasty smokey flavour.
Let me show you how to prepare it for the grill!
• If your eggplant is a little old you might want to soak it in salted water to take away the bitter taste.
• Coat the slices with a thin layer of olive oil, sprinkle over some salt and pepper to taste.
• Other herbs and flavours use garlic, oregano, thyme and basil. These herbs get absorbed quickly by the eggplant.
Great...our eggplant is ready and flavoured. Let's get it onto the BBQ!
• Lightly grease your grill grid with some olive oil and place your slices on.
• Grill for about 2 - 3 mintues on eachside, until cooked through.
• Once done serve straight off the grill, nice and hot.Tips: Eggplant can be served on a skewer, as a side dish or tasty appetizer. Grill them till they are a little crispy!