Are you thinking of grilling potatoes at your next barbecue? BBQ
potatoes can be so good on the BBQ!
Barbecue potatoes might seem tricky to prepare. But...don't worry!
Here are a few tips to get delicious potatoes right off your grill!
What you will find is potatoes are actually quite easy to grill. The trick is to cook the inside without burning the outside.
Potatoes are one of the better vegetables to do on the grill as they stand up to the high heat well.
Plus...we got 3 ways to do it!
• Place them in a pot of water and boil them for about 10 - 12 minutes until they are soft.
• Once done remove potatoes from water and season with your favourite spices. (salt, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder!)
• Pre-heat grill to a medium heat and grill the potato slices for about 4 - 6 minutes. The idea is to sear the potatoes to create a tasty crust.
This might seem like a lot of work but it is so easy to do!
•Treat potatoes like steaks, sear the outside and slow cook the inside. This also creates a tasty outer crispy layer.
• Pre-heat your charcoal grill to a medium, leaving a 'cooler' spot on the grid.
• With a gas grill turn the temperature down after searing.
• Place wedges on for 2 minutes to sear the outside and create a crust.
• Move the potatoes to the 'cooler spot' on your charcoal grill or turn the temperature down on your gas grill.
• Slow cook the inside until it's soft, grill for 8 - 10 minutes.
• Season wedges while grilling with your favourite spices.
• To prevent the potatoes from drying out coat them with olive oil. The oil helps lock in the natural moisture.
Easy to do just takes a little practice to perfect!
• When cutting them into wedges or slices make sure the thickness is even.
• Wrap them up in aluminum foil tray.
• Pre-heat grill to a medium heat and place the potatoes directly over heat source.
• Whole potato grilling time will be from 30 - 40 minutes depending on the size of potato.
• Potato wedges and slices the grilling time is much shorter, they should be done in 15 - 20 minutes.
• Close the lid to create a roasting effect.
• Flavour your barbecue potatoes with your desired seasoning.
• Serve straight away!Perfect...tasty potatoes right off your grill!! Enjoy!