Build a Charcoal Grill
The best way to build a charcoal grill. Simple and easy plans to build a BBQ of your own!
Impress your family and friends by building your own cooking feature, right in your BBQ.
I have included a simple building design
which requires basic brick work construction. (very easy to build)
It will become a part of your home and will almost be like having an outdoor kitchen. (great for those Sundays)
Here is a simple design which is easy to build and is relatively inexpensive.
You may want to add cupboards or an extra table and work bench
making the cooking area more manageable. (whatever you want)
Let's get building...
• Find the perfect space in your garden for your new Barbecue. It needs to be relatively level and clear of anything that might catch a light such as trees.
• Clear the area from rocks, sticks and debris.
• Build a solid foundation for the grill to stand on, so mark out a square on the ground, four feet in size. Then dig the square out about ten inches deep to form your foundation. (yes requires some digging)
• Fill the hole half way with concrete, then lay some rebar (steel mesh or support grid) to give it added durability. (nice & strong)
• Continue to fill the rest of the hole with concrete until it
is level with the ground. (great a solid foundation)
• Make sure your brick work is even and level as you will need to slide in the charcoal tray and the grill grid through grooves.
• Before the concrete becomes hard, make grooves in between the bricks for the tray and grill grid to slide through. This is done easily when the concrete is soft. The grooves can be made by scrapping away the concrete by using a nail.
• The groove for the charcoal tray needs to be just above mid way. Make another groove for the grill grid about three bricks above the charcoal tray.You will be enjoying your new summer creation time and time again. When family and friends come to visit you can let them know it was built by you!!!