Grilling Chicken Breast
"BBQ Chicken breast?"
Are you going to be grilling chicken breast's this weekend? Try these
tips and techniques to get tasty BBQ chicken breasts!
As you know chicken is definitely one of the most difficult meats to do
on the grill. It is so easy to burn or over cook it.
Over cook it and you have dry saw dust like chicken. Under
cook it and you in danger of getting sick.
When Grilling Chicken breasts whether it be boneless or
skinless, has the difficulty of being uneven. One half may
get cooked but the other half might be borderline raw.
I'll show you how to prepare perfectly grilled chicken breasts!
Great...let's get to it!!!
Grilling Chicken Breasts
- Skinless and boneless chicken breasts have a tapered shape with an
attached tenderloin. Making the breast uneven and a nightmare to grill.
- Start by removing any excess fat and loose pieces of meat.
- Even out the breast by pounding it with a wooden hammer!
- Pound it, so it evens out to half an inch in thickness. This
gives you a nice even piece of meat to grill.
- Rinse each breast under a cold running tap and pat dry with
a paper towel.
Perfect...we got our chicken prepared. Let's get to seasoning
& Seasoning - BBQ Chicken Breast"
- Bringing your chicken breasts before grilling, prevents them from
burning and drying out.
- The sugar in the brine caramelizes while you are grilling
it, creating a nice brown colour. (keep the temperature under
165 degrees, otherwise the sugar will burn)
- To create the brine combine half a cup of brown sugar, half
cup of salt, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 8 cups of water. (enough
for 6 breasts!)
- Mix ingredients together and place the chicken in.
- Place the brine bowl with the breast into the fridge and
leave for 30 - 60 minutes. (no longer!)
Looking good!! ...our chicken is ready, let's get it on the
BBQ Chicken Breast"
- While the chicken is brining, pre-heat the grill to a high heat.
- Lightly oil grid with olive oil or cooking spay.
- The chicken needs to be taken out the brine and placed
straight on the grill.
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Turn the heat down to a medium heat setting.
- Grill for 10 - 12 minutes until cooked
- While grilling, sprinkle over salt and a bit of fresh lemon
- Breasts should only be flipped only once and the grill lid
needs to be closed. (keep the heat in!)
- Serve straight off the grill!
Tip: Be careful not to over cook the
chicken! Every minute that goes by the chicken is becoming drier. Grill
with the lid closed to lock in the heat and bake the chicken.
Awsome...you now know how to prepare delicious chicken
Try some Grilling Chicken Recipes?
Tips on Grilling with a charcoal Grills Gas Grills and Electric!
New! CommentsIf you don't mind, leave us a suggestion.