Are you going to be grilling chicken breast's this weekend? Try these
tips and techniques to get tasty BBQ chicken breasts!
As you know chicken is definitely one of the most difficult meats to do on the grill. It is so easy to burn or over cook it.
Over cook it and you have dry saw dust like chicken. Under
cook it and you in danger of getting sick. (food poisoning)
When Grilling Chicken breasts whether it be boneless or skinless, has the difficulty of being uneven. One half may get cooked but the other half might be borderline raw.
I'll show you how to prepare perfectly grilled chicken breasts!
Great...let's get to it!!!
• Start by removing any excess fat and loose pieces of meat.
• Even out the breast by pounding it with a wooden hammer!
• Pound it, so it evens out to half an inch in thickness. This gives you a nice even piece of meat to grill.
• Rinse each breast under a cold running tap and pat dry with a paper towel.
Perfect...we got our chicken prepared. Let's get to seasoning
• The sugar in the brine caramelizes while you are grilling it, creating a nice brown colour. (keep the temperature under 165 degrees, otherwise the sugar will burn)
• To create the brine combine half a cup of brown sugar, half cup of salt, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 8 cups of water. (enough for 6 breasts!)
• Mix ingredients together and place the chicken in.
• Place the brine bowl with the breast into the fridge and leave for 30 - 60 minutes. (no longer!)
Yummy...our chicken is ready, let's get it on the grill!
• Lightly oil grid with olive oil or cooking spay.
• The chicken needs to be taken out the brine and placed straight on the grill.
• Grill for 2 minutes on each side.
• Turn the heat down to a medium heat setting.
• Grill for 10 - 12 minutes until cooked through!
• While grilling, sprinkle over salt and a bit of fresh lemon juice.
• Breasts should only be flipped only once and the grill lid needs to be closed. (keep the heat in!)
• Serve straight off the grill!
Tip: Be careful not to over cook the chicken! Every minute that goes by the chicken is becoming drier. Grill with the lid closed to lock in the heat and bake the chicken.Awsome...you now know how to prepare delicious chicken breasts.