Do you know how to grill salmon? Here are some of the greatest salmon
Salmon is one of the best types of fish to grill because it is so versatile. You can prepare salmon steaks, salmon kebabs or simply the whole fish.
Knowing how to BBQ salmon comes over time, you get better at it the more you do it. (keep trying!)
The great thing is it grills really quickly, just a few minutes on each side.
What you want to do with salmon is keep it moist and let it cook in its own juices. Salmon has a high fat content compared to other fish types, making it perfect for the high heat of a grill.
Nice thing about salmon and fish in general is that it is good for you and a healthy alternative to regular red meat BBQ dishes.
• Choose salmon steaks that are over an inch thick as anything thinner will flake and break apart.
• Always clean the salmon before you grill it. Do this by rinsing it under a cold tap and pat dry it with a paper towel.
• You can remove the skin if you prefer or leave it on it's completely up to you. (makes no difference to the taste!)
• Don't over season, use simple ingredients! Salt, ground pepper, and a bit of lemon juice will do the trick.
• Make a tasty salmon marinade but don't leave it in for longer than an hour. The fish meat is really soft and the acidic products in the marinate will start to eat away at the flesh.
• Check out salmon marinade for great recipes.
Perfect...our salmon is ready! Let's get it on the
Grease the grill grid well with olive oil or cook & spray. (salmon sticks really easily!)
Avoid flare ups at all costs. Open flames that get in contact with the salmon will burn it. (keep a water spray bottle handy!)
Grill 5 to 15 minutes with the lid closed.
Keep flipping the salmon regularly to prevent it from burning.
An alternative way of grilling is to wrap the salmon in high duty aluminum foil which prevents the salmon from burning.
Simply grease rectangle shaped pieces of foil and place the salmon in the foil bringing the ends up. This keeps the salmon juicy and prevents it from burning.
Serve straight away, red hot right off the grill!
Tip: Make sure the grill grid is greased really well. Salmon sticks like glue to a hot grill!
Let me cover the various salmon dishes you
Sear the outside with a high heat and slow grill the inside
with a medium heat!
Either...grill up a few salmon fillets and then cut them up into cubes. Place the cubes through skewers and serve.
Or...make the kebabs with raw salmon meat. Place the raw meat on the skewers and grill for 3 - 5 minutes.
Either way you'll end up with tasty salmon kebabs!